The Intelligent Horsemanship Zoom Horse Psychology Online course will be of interest to horse people of all abilities. It is taught live by Kelly Marks with support from IH Trainer, Sandra Williams, who is literally ‘in the field’ giving private lessons with horses 3 days a week. Gain a lifetime of equine knowledge from the comfort of your own home. Also join members of the IH community and achieve a whole new understanding to fully enhance your time with horses.
The course has eight one hour lessons held on eight consecutive evenings from 8:00pm – 9:00pm. There is a extra time given for anyone to answer things that come up in the Chat as well as any additional questions. Sandra and Kelly are also available during the week to answer emails. Recordings will be available for students to watch for 7 days after each session.
- Week 1 – Pros and Cons of using food in equine training
- Week 2 – Recognising when it’s Pain not Brain with horses
- Week 3 – An introduction to Behaviourism
- Week 4 – Far Beyond Behaviourism
- Week 5 – The Senses, Brain and how a horse understands
- Week 6 – The Problem Solving Procedure
- Week 7 – How do people (inadvertently) teach horses to be Bad? (and how can we unravel this?)
- Week 8 – Solving Real Life ‘Horse Problems’
Contact email@example.com to discuss any of the courses – or how to use Zoom if you’re unfamiliar with it!
Each student completing the course will be issued with a certificate stating completion which may be used against future certification of the Intelligent Horsemanship Diploma and the Monty Roberts Introductory Course of Horsemanship. From here you may wish to become a Monty Roberts Instructor by completing your training at Flag is Up Farms, California or to become an Intelligent Horsemanship Recommended Trainer.
This course is also worth 4 CPD points with the BHS.
You will need to be a member of the Intelligent Horsemanship Association (if not already a member) to attend this course.